The Breakfast Group will hold its Twenty-seventh (27th) Annual "Tie-One-On" Luncheon on Wednesday, April 27th, 2018 at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel's Spanish Ball Room.
The event is co-sponsored by Turner Construction Company and the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. This luncheon continues to serve as a "Rite of Passage" for approximately 85 young men who have successfully completed the Project M.I.S.T.E.R. Program or were selected by school staff for participation.
Our Keynote Speaker will be our Project M.I.S.T.E.R. students this year. Among our special guests expect to be in attendance will be: Governor Jay Inslee (Washington State), Dow Constantine (King County Executive), Jenny Durkan (Seattle City Mayor), Larry Gossett (King County Council Member), Bruce Harrell (Seattle City Council), additional Elected Officials (State, County and City), and special guests from the Seattle Seahawks.
This gala event, which has been hosted by The Fairmont Olympic Hotel since its inception twenty-six years ago, is designed to support a segment of our community that desperately needs our attention and support.
* Rites of Passage ceremony matching students with mentors
* Cultural experience for the youth
* Prominent guest speakers with a strong educational message
* Recognition for academic success
* Necktie and hard-soled shoes provided for students to encourage job seeking
* Contacts made for potential employment