In addition to Breakfast Group members, presenters have included representatives from major companies and organizations such as: Safeco, Costco, Nordstrom, McDonalds, Macy’s, Safeway, King County Sheriffs, the Seattle Downtown Association, and Turner Construction Company. Each year, several Project M.I.S.T.E.R. participants obtain opportunities for higher education and internships through this network.
Tie Design Competition
Tie Design Contest and Community Ties Marketing Program evolved from the luncheon.
- Tie design workshop
- Tie Contest Luncheon hosted by Fairmont Olympic Hotel
- Contest judged by corporate representatives
- Winners awarded monetary awards
- Winning design selected for production
- Turner Construction Co. donates the first 100 neckties for give-aways `to students at the Tie-One-On Luncheon
- Winning design is given to all youth participants at luncheon
- Quantities of winning design are purchased and added to inventory for marketing.
Community Ties Marketing Program