Key Focus Areas:
The Program Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of all of The Breakfast Group programs. These include our monthly meetings, our mentorship project (Project M.I.S.T.E.R.), and two signature events; The Tie-One-On Luncheon, and The All Achievers Awards.
For the monthly meetings, the committee works with the other committee chairs to bring in speakers to cover topics that are relevant to the membership and that are consistent with the focus of the organization. The areas where we put much of our focus is in education and economic development, areas that assist us in our work with the young men we mentor.
Our program year runs from September through June. During election years, we use the month of October to hear from the candidates that are running for local, county and state offices. In the month of December we hold our holiday meeting in the evening and our spouses/significant others are invited to join us to celebrate the holidays. At that meeting we announce The Breakfast Group Member of the Year. Our February meeting focuses on Black History month, where we celebrate achievements of our Black leaders, including many of our own members. The month of June is where we recognize those that serve our community in Law Enforcement.
Additional programs and events:
- Our Tie Design Contest & Project M.I.S.T.E.R. Community Ties Marketing Program
- Our Annual Seattle University Basketball Practice & Pizza with Players
- Our Annual University of Washington Basketball Practice & Pizza with Local Community Kids
- Our Annual University of Washington Husky Football Lunch & Practice with Players
- Our "Adopt a Family at Christmas" Program
- The ROOTS Family Picnic
- Cultural events, i.e. Black Nativity, and Langston Hughes Cultural Center productions.
Chairman: George Counts(email@example.com)
Vice Chairman: Paul Mitchell
Ernie Dunston - Tie-One-On Luncheon Chairman
John German - All Achievers Awards Chairman
Carl Raburn - Project M.I.S.T.E.R. Coordinator