Key Focus Areas:
The role of the finance committee is primarily to provide financial oversight for the organization. Typical tasks include; budgeting and financial planning, financial reporting, the creation and monitoring of internal controls, and accountability policies.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Develop an annual operating budget.
- Approve the budget within the finance committee.
- Monitor adherence to the budget.
- Set long-range financial goals along with funding strategies to achieve them.
- Present all financial goals and proposals to the board of directors for approval.
- Develop useful and readable report formats with staff.
- Present the financial reports to the full board.
Chairman: Bob Luciano (firstname.lastname@example.org)